Best bluetooth wireless earphones under 2000 INR

On Twitter and Reddit lately, I have observed a lot of Indian smartphone users asking for the best affordable set of wireless earphones for daily use.

So, I shortlisted the top three of them available in the market right now under Rs. 2000/- and decided to share my experience with them so anyone looking to purchase can make an informative decision.

There are no True wireless earphones(TWS) candidates in my shortlist since, I've found nearly all the budget TWS earphones to suffer from poor battery life, mic quality, latency issues, and pretty cheap sound at this budget price point of approx. Rs.2000/-.

Therefore, I am reviewing the affordable neckband style bluetooth earphones that I found to have decent sound quality along with minimum of 10 hours battery life on a single charge and good mic quality for calls. Here we go:


I'll simply cut to the chase and divide the review in three categories: Sound quality, Mic, Battery Life.


Sound quality  

I tested these earphones, with music from genres like Pop, Alt rock, folk rock and a couple of Bollywood songs, which I generally listen to on daily basis. 

Bass 

For bass lovers, let me put it this way, stay away from the Bullets Wireless Z.  PERIOD. Don't get me wrong, the bass is present here but it's just too dull, and lacks punch in my personal opinion.

The Sony WI-C200 and Realme Buds wireless Z on the other hand, offer excellent bass performance with enough thump to satisfy your bass cravings. They both have done a good job in emphasising on the bass boost, and making them sound punchy. But, if I have to choose one, its Realme.



High Tones 

This area is a close tie between the Sony WI C-200 and Bullets Wireless Z, as both of them sound super clear, and offer good treble support. One can feel the richness in the tracks when high tones are reached. 

Realme on the other hand offers average treble and I'd say they are just fine with high tones, nothing fancy compared to the other two. 



Mid Tones & Vocals

I have to admit, this was the toughest area to compare among the three since all of them offer great vocals reproduction and mid tones performance, along with an adequate instrument separation.
The soundstage on each of them is pretty wide, hence, the movie watching experience was pretty immersive in that manner as well.

Winner: Tie


Mic Quality

All of them offer an integrated mic as part of their neckband design, for calling purposes.

I used them all for some Google meet calls, and general phone calls in my testing. Finally, I found the Bullets Wireless Z offering the best mic quality of them all. 
To put it simply, it offers loud, clear voice to the receiver and has a good ambient noise cancellation. 

The Sony WI C-200 & Realme buds wireless on the other hand, have decent mic quality but offer little to no noise-cancellation while talking. 
This means, in louder environments, it is very tough for the call receiver to understand what you're saying since a lot of background noise is overpowering the speaker's voice.

Personal choice for Mic: Sony WI C-200 wireless


Battery Life

The Bullets Wireless Z reigns supreme on this one, with an outstanding 20 hours of battery life on a single charge. I found their claims to be quite true with my usage patterns.  

Sony WI C-200 gave me around 14 hours of backup, while Realme buds wireless lasted for approximately 10 hours for me.





Bonus Features


OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z
  • Warp Fast charging (10 min of charge offers 10 hours of music playback)
  • IP55 rated for Sweat & water resistance
  • Quick switch between multiple devices when paired
  • Seamless pairing with OnePlus smartphones
  • Magnetic control for play/pause.


Sony WI C-200 Wireless
  • Super comfortable & lightweight at just 15g
  • Fast charge(10 min of charge offers 1 hour of music playback)
  • One button access to Siri/Google Assistant via in-line remote

Realme Buds Wireless
  • IPX4 Sweat proof rating
  • Fast charge (10 min of charge for 100 minutes of music playback)
  • Magnetic fast pair (Seperate the earbuds to pair and use, snap back to power off)

You can buy them from Amazon India:

OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z 

Sony WI C-200 Wireless Z

Realme Buds Wireless







Comments